Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Winner List!

Just thought I would put this out into the interwebs...
The list of winners for Warmachine Weekend 2009:

Friday's events:
750pt. Mixed Steamroller - Tyler Magnuson - Cryx (eDenny)
500pt. Mixed Steamroller - Dave Dankle - Menoth (Kreoss)
350pt. Mangled Metal/Tooth & Claw - Jason Flanzer - Trollblood (Grim)

Saturday's events:
1000pt. Mixed Steamroller - Matt Kotovsky - Circle (Kreuger/Baldur)
500pt. Warmachine Steamroller - Greg Blodgett - Menoth (Severius)
500pt. Hordes Steamroller - Josh Russell - Trollbloood (Grim)
350pt. Hardcore Mangled Metal/Tooth & Claw:
Overall/Most VPs- Tlyer Magnuson - Cryx (Denny)
Best Painted- Kris Johnson(EXPLOSIVO!) - Retribution
Fastest Kill- Jason Woolem (1:56)- Circle(Kaya)

Sunday's events:
750pt. Theme tournament - Matt O'Reilly - Menoth (eKreoss/Exemplar theme)
350pt. 1:1:1:1 - James Hooker - Trollblood (Madrak)

-And a quick note...
I just wanted to thank the players again. This year we had no problems whatsoever. I don't know if I have ever seen a group this large get along so well, and I really appreciate it. I know we gave out an award for best sportsman, but I also wanted to acknowledge some other the players that made that decision very hard:
-Tyler Magnuson: He was in the running for the Explosivo! award, and for good reason. He was not only an awesome player(winning a couple of events), but he was truly an awesome person to play as well. I had a number of reports on how much fun and laid back he was. Hopefully we will see him next year, he brought a lot of great things to the table.
-Stu Liming: Stu is just Stu. He is the life of the party and a blast to be around. I would be remiss if I didn't send a thanks out to him for always making the weekend a little more fun.
-Jason Flanzer: Another amazing player...Flanzer is a guy full of energy, ideas, he is always upbeat. There are a few people I would throw into an "Ambassador" role for the game, but he would be one of them. And he is a good sport as well...
-The Iron Agenda: I was shocked these guys didn't drive down in a black van, because they are the A-Team of the Iron Kingdoms. I'll let everyone else argue who will be BA, Hannibal, Face and Murdock...but these guys are awesome. Josh, Dave, Tim, and Flanzer should be commended...and if you don't listen to their podcast then its your loss. By far the best all around PP centric podcast out there.
-Last but not least to all the new players: There were quite a few newer players I saw grinding it out playing and having fun. Sometimes getting thrown into a match with veterans can be daunting, but they stuck it out and were good to go. Hopefully we will see them all next year dominating the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment